Do you want to know; Jamb Score To Gain Admission – What You Must Score In Jamb 2022. What Jamb score do I need to get admitted into the University to study Engineering, Pharmacy, Law, Medicine, Accounting, Agriculture, Mass Comm, etc? So many candidates have been asking me this question.
- Facts About Life In Canada For International Students - READ!
- Moving To USA? Here Is How To Apply Online: APPLY NOW!
- List Of Jobs To Do Without Work Permit In Canada
- Jobs You Can Do Without A University Degree In Canada
- Apply For A Canada Study Permit Now! (CLICK HERE)
- Get Dubai Resident Visa Freely Now! – See How
- Canadian Student Visa: How To Apply Online? - APPLY NOW!
- List Of Canadian Government Jobs For Immigrants - Read!
You may also ask, “If I score between 180 and 200……can I gain admission with my score? If that’s your question, then this article is for you. I will try to answer your questions and as well make it very easy and straightforward.
Users Also Searched:
- Is 180 Jamb score okay for law?
- Can I study Medicine in Uniben with 200
- Which University can I gain admission into with a score of 180/200
- Should I do a change of institution if my score is not enough to gain admission?
- When will jamb start giving admission?
Now, the Jamb Score which Guarantees You Admission Into Any University is directly proportional to your choice of course and first choice school.
I hear people say that with a score of 250 you are automatically Admitted to study any course. Seriously I don’t know the origin of that lie. But I am sure that it did not originate from Jamb or any school. You can score 250 and still not be admitted. On the other hand, you can score 180 in Jamb and gain admission.
Jamb Score To Gain Admission – What You Must Score In Jamb 2022
The Jamb score you need to gain admission is determined by five factors.
- Performance of students in Jamb Results.
- Nature of Your course Generally.
- Competition of the course at your choice University.
- The number of students to be admitted.
- Admission Factors: Merit, Catchment and Educationally less developed States.
I will briefly explain each factor above and how they determine what you need to score in Jamb for sure admission.
Recommended: Post utme is good news to those with low jamb score
Performance of Students in Jamb
The higher the performance of students in Jamb, the higher the cut off mark. This is one reason we cannot easily predict the Jamb cut off until the results are out.
The more candidates pass well in Jamb and post utme, the higher the general, faculty and departmental cut off.
Last year’s cut off mark for your course will likely not be the cut off mark to be used this year (Since the performance of candidates changes yearly).
Nature of Your Course Generally
Hotcake Courses in Nigeria like Medicine And Surgery, Pharmacy, Engineering, Law, Accounting and so on require you to get a higher Jamb score.
However, newer and less competitive courses like entrepreneurship, mathematics, etc require relatively low Jamb UTME score. This is because only a few candidates apply to study such courses in the universities.
If you are not extremely intelligent, your best bet is to study courses that so many persons don’t apply for. With this, it is very easy for you to gain admission once.
The Competition of the Course in your choice University
Some Universities are known to be good for some courses. Because of this, the demand for it in that particular school gets higher than in other schools.
For example FUTO, UI and UNIBEN are known to be good at Engineering, AAU is known for Law and Uniben for Pharmacy (Since they offer a doctor of Pharmacy certificate). You will expect the cut off mark for those courses in these schools to be higher than it is in other citadels of learning.
The number of students to be admitted
The higher the carrying capacity of a University, the more they are willing to admit. This will increase the chance of being admitted with a relatively low score.
Some Universities admit over ten thousand candidates while others admit even below four thousand candidates.
Admission factors such as Merit, Catchment and Educationally less developed States determine the Jamb score you need to be admitted. Cut off for merit is usually the highest. With a relatively low score, you can be admitted based on State and catchment.
Jamb Score You Need
Although the above factors are responsible for the Jamb score you need to be sure of admission, yet we have studied the cut off curve over time.
- With a score above 250 to 280, You have a chance of being admitted to study a competitive course.
- With a Jamb score of 200 to 250, You have a chance of getting a moderately competitive course.
- A score of 290+ should guarantee you admission to study any course.
Introducing Post UTME
If post utme holds, then, it is good news to those who are not able to get up to the Jamb scores listed above. A very high post utme score will boost your low Jamb score (so long you score above the general cut off mark). Continue reading about post utme here.